Podcast: Bringing Voices to the Table for DesignOps featuring Jay BustamanteAugust 28, 2023
Jay has always been about conserving time and resources by building tight processes to create efficiencies in his life and work. In all the jobs and positions he’s held, he would notice gaps, consult with stakeholders, find solutions, and fill those gaps. Eventually he learned there is a name for this type of work: DesignOps. Today Jay is a DesignOps leader and an experienced strategist at VMware.
When it comes to streamlining and building efficiencies, AI seems like a no-brainer, right? Not so fast. AI brings big expectations and can result in a lot of frustration if proper groundwork isn’t laid. DesignOps teams that proactively facilitate collaboration between engineers, business teams, end users, and other stakeholders can save time, money, and greatly increase the likelihood of a successful product that will reflect the company’s values.
In this episode, Jay and Lou explore the following concerning AI:
- Good data makes all the difference
- Why AI can easily reinforce existing biases
- Why case studies and knowing the most impactful need are crucial
- Setting proper expectations
- Why Design’s role is to slow things down and to make sure that the right people are invited to the conversation, that the right questions are asked, and that all voices are heard early in the process.
And don’t forget to check out Jay’s session at the DesignOps Summit: Navigating the Ethical Frontier: DesignOps Strategies for Responsible AI Innovation