Real Users, Real Time, Real Research
by Nate Bolt & Tony Tulathimutte
Remote Research is filled with sage advice, entertaining case studies, methods, and clear procedures that will benefit both new and experienced user researchers. Remote Research is an absorbing book that should be on the reading list of every user researcher. Kudos to Bolt and Tulathimutte for an engaging and informative guide to better remote research."—Chauncey Wilson Senior Manager, AEC User Research, Autodesk, Inc.
Remote studies allow you to recruit subjects quickly, cheaply, and immediately, and give you the opportunity to observe users as they behave naturally in their own environment. In Remote Research, Nate Bolt and Tony Tulathimutte teach you how to design and conduct remote research studies, top to bottom, with little more than a phone and a laptop.
The book's benefits
- Learn how recent developments in Web products and services allow you to recruit, manage, and conduct user research projects 100% remotely
- Learn what you can uncover with remote research that you can't learn in a lab study
- Understand the differences between different types of remote research, and the strengths and limitations of each
- Understand the most important principles of native environment research for preserving authentic and valid user feedback in unpredictable out-of-lab settings
- Learn the pragmatics of designing a remote study, so you can do it yourself and impress the hell out of everybody