Looking for a handy pocket guide to crafting stories for user experience?
We’ve created UX Story Cards to help you get started using stories or sharpen your story skills. The cards are based on the book, especially chapters 11-15. Six groups of cards ask questions and offer suggestions for elements to include in your story:
- Story Basics. Start by answering the basic questions. Who, what, when, where, why, how.
- Purpose. Stories help drive UX work in several ways. Think about why you are telling the story.
- Story Context. Ground the story in a specific place and time.
- Imagery. Give the story emotional resonance.
- Structure. Give the story a shape to help the audience fill in the blanks.
- Format. There are many ways to tell a story. In writing or orally. In reports, presentations, elevators. With images or as comics.