Why attend DesignOps?
There are at least 20 reasons you should attend this year’s DesignOps Summit
1. The DesignOps Summit is the first and foremost design operations conference, defining and leading the industry’s practice of design operations since 2017
2. This year’s theme is resilience: the program will help you navigate the existential challenges faced by DesignOps practitioners, teams, and organizations
3. Our program is backed by a crack team of curators—Kristin Skinner, Dave Malouf, and Alana Washington—DesignOps leaders who have shaped and defined the field for years
4. You’ll benefit from over 45 sponsor-led sessions, which emphasize learning over selling
5. You’ll be inspired by the program’s 23 main program sessions
6. A variety of fun social and networking events to keep you connected to your community
7. A carefully researched program that’s based on the themes and challenges that are important to you
8. An expertly designed program, following a clear narrative arc, that engages you the whole time even though you’re attending remotely (not an easy task!)
9. Our speakers are incredibly well-prepared, spending months with our curators and a speaker coach
10. You’ll learn from new voices, representing diverse perspectives and experiences, rather than the celebrities who happen to inhabit an organizer’s rolodex
11. Content take-aways: one year’s access to edited recordings, sketchnotes, session notes, decks, and other content to help you remember and share what you’ve learned
12. Optional facilitated attendee cohorts so you can socialize with other attendees and learn together—just as you would at an in-person event
13. Even introverts enjoy the incredibly vibrant and welcoming discussions taking place in our conference Slack workspace
14. Carefully-designed communications so you know which sessions and activities are happening, when, and how
15. A robust virtual conference platform, backed up by a host of contingencies, so you won’t have to worry about staring at a blank screen
16. Professional customer service that helps you when there are technical or other customer-facing problems
17. A thriving community of thousands of peers to continue learning with all year-long
18. A flexibly-designed conference that you can attend for one, two, or three days—it’s up to you
19. The ticket cost is dramatically lower than an in-person conference—and you won’t have to pay for hotel and travel
Don’t take our word; hear what others are saying:
Attending the DesignOps Summit was a great experience that made an immediate impact on me. The talks and workshops were so open, honest, and motivating that I feel like I’m now part of a supportive community. I’m really looking forward to next year!
—Dan Richardson, Design Manager, Bluebeam
This was an amazing experience and I feel totally recharged and inspired to get back to work and put the things I learned into practice. It was both reassuring and inspiring to hear other teams are facing the same issues when scaling their Ops teams. I loved the vibe of this conference because for me, ‘finding my Ops fam’ means being in an environment where I can easily strike up a conversation about programs, processes and culture, and that’s what the Summit was!
—Taylor Oliva, Senior Design Program Manager, Instacart
Hearing from a range of people with the same job as me put my experience into perspective against a defined path with leaders. I’ve previously felt like just an individual navigating skills and organizations.
—Anna Plumlee, Lead, Design Program Management, LinkedIn
I’ve been sharing with everybody at my company who will listen – this was an amazing conference, extremely well-run, extremely well-curated, inspiring, interesting, and WELL worth the time away from the office.
Thank you so much for another amazing conference. I took away so many practical lessons and was able to engage and connect with such a fantastic group of design ops folk. Being able to attend this conference is such a privilege.
—Lilly Mackie, Director of Design Operations, xero
The DesignOps Summit gave me the opportunity to meet, learn from, and share experiences with others who have similar challenges in building and scaling design practices in our organizations. I came away with deep insights and a community that will fuel me for years to come.
— Dan Zollman, UX Strategist and Information Architect
Growing design organizations need design operations teams and design operations teams need the DesignOps Summit. Amazing event!
— Marcin Treder, CEO at UXpin
I actually loved that this was virtual, because it meant I didn’t have to pay travel costs (my company didn’t pay for this). And I will be able to rewatch the recordings. I guess I would say, have more of them!