Why attend Design at Scale?
There are at least 18 reasons you should attend the Design at Scale Conference
1. Design at Scale is the next stage in the evolution of our flagship conference, which began as Enterprise UX in 2015, and became Enterprise Experience in 2019. (Read why we’ve changed it again here.)
2. Our program is backed by a crack team of curators—Lada Gorlenko, Uday Gajendar, and Kit Unger—leaders who have helped to shape and define designing at scale for years
3. You’ll be inspired by the main program sessions presented by speakers who have prepared for months
4. You’ll benefit from dozens of sponsor-led sessions which emphasize learning over selling
5. You’ll enjoy a variety of fun social and networking events to keep you connected to your community
6. A carefully researched program that’s based on the themes and challenges that are important to you
7. An expertly designed program, following a clear narrative arc, that engages you the whole time even though you’re attending remotely (not an easy task!)
8. Our speakers are incredibly well-prepared, spending months with our curators and a speaker coach
9. You’ll learn from new voices, representing diverse perspectives and experiences, rather than the celebrities who happen to inhabit an organizer’s rolodex
10. Content take-aways: one year’s access to edited recordings, sketchnotes, session notes, decks, and other content to help you remember and share what you’ve learned
11. Optional facilitated attendee cohorts so you can socialize with other attendees and learn together—just as you would at an in-person event
12. Even introverts enjoy the incredibly vibrant and welcoming discussions taking place in our conference Slack workspace
13. Carefully-designed communications so you know which sessions and activities are happening, when, and how
14. A robust virtual conference platform, backed up by a host of contingencies, so you won’t have to worry about staring at a blank screen
15. Professional customer service that helps you when there are technical or other customer-facing problems
16. A thriving community of over 5000 peers to continue learning with all year-long
17. A flexibly-designed conference that you can attend for one, two, or three days—it’s up to you
18. The ticket cost is dramatically lower than an in-person conference—and you won’t have to pay for hotel and travel
Don’t take our word; hear what others are saying:
The talks and workshops were so open, honest, and motivating that I feel like I’m now part of a supportive community. I’m really looking forward to next year!
—Dan Richardson, Design Manager, Bluebeam
This was an amazing experience and I feel totally recharged and inspired to get back to work and put the things I learned into practice.
—Taylor Oliva, Senior Design Program Manager, Instacart
Hearing from a range of people with the same job as me put my experience into perspective against a defined path with leaders. I’ve previously felt like just an individual navigating skills and organizations.
—Anna Plumlee, Lead, Design Program Management, LinkedIn
I came away with deep insights and a community that will fuel me for years to come.
— Dan Zollman, UX Strategist and Information Architect