Want to get your organization going with research operations, but don’t know where to start? Every organization is different, with a diverse set of challenges, opportunities, needs and drivers—so you’ll need to develop an approach tailored for your unique setting.
Brigette Metzler and Benson Low, co-chair and director of the ResearchOps Community respectively, will help make sense of where and how ResearchOps fits in your organization. They’ll take you through the Pace Layers Matrix—a model that helps you to identify where you are, where you’re headed, and how to get there. It’ll help you make the most of the skills you already have, and prioritize your ResearchOps hires as you scale the impact of user research in your organization.
You’ll learn how to:
- Assess your current state of research, and the operations needed to carry out that research using the Pace Layers/8 Pillars matrix
- Prioritize your operations functions to be ready for the research practice you want to be able to have in the future
- Create a strategy for the coming 6 months
- Manage “constructive turbulence” (how different research demands can work for you or against you) within your organizational and personal context
- Have an approach to communicating your strategy to your organization