Researchers excel at uncovering opportunities. But discovering a need isn’t enough. How do I get people to take action based on my insights? How do I catalyze change? In this workshop we will introduce and practice the skills to strategically position your work, gain advocates, and drive meaningful change. Your work can grow beyond doing great research to catalyzing lasting change. In addition, we will discuss the reality of burnout that plagues many change agents and how to sustain your energy so you can ensure you aren’t taken offline. As we say in our book Move Fast. Break Shit. Burn Out. a burned-out Catalyst is making no change at all.
What You’ll Learn
- Learn what makes Catalyst change agents effective, the challenges they face, and how to overcome these challenges
- Evaluate your own skills and attributes as a change agent, influencer and communicator
- Articulate your vision for the change you would like to catalyze
- Map your networks and build your influence plan
- Get clear on what activities give and take your energy so you can minimize burnout
Who Should Attend
Researchers who desire to make more meaningful change and impact based on their work. Ideally working in an organizational context.