Actions and Reflections: Bridging the Skills Gap among Researchers (Yoel Sumitro): readings and other resources
Resources mentioned in the presentation
- What is Fitts’ Law?
- Hick’s Law: Making the choice easier for users
- The 7 Gestalt principles of design
- Dewey, J. (2007). Experience and education. Simon & Schuster.
- Fallman, D., & Stolterman, E. (2010). Establishing criteria of rigor and relevance in interaction design research. Electronic Workshops in Computing.
- Freire, P. (1972). Pedagogy of the oppressed.
- George, S. S., Wulff, D., & Tomm, K. (2015). Research as daily practice. Journal of Systemic Therapies, 34(2), 3-14. https://doi.org/10.1521/jsyt.2015.34.2.3
- Schon, D. A. (1987). Educating the reflective practitioner: Toward a new design for teaching and learning in the professions.
Additional Resources (mentioned by the conference audience)
- Hall, E. (2019). Just enough research.
- Young, I. (2015). Practical empathy: For collaboration and creativity in your work. Rosenfeld Media.