After taking some time off for a new baby boy and traveling to two eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summits in the last month, including speaking for my first time on our book in Madrid at eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit and I’m glad to be back in NYC and writing again.
So, Lou and I have been talking about this top-down & bottom-up approach to data for awhile now and Lou recently spoke a couple of times on “marrying your data“, but what we haven’t shown you is actually what I call ‘real top-down’ analysis. Given that quantitative data analysis much more my specialty than Lou’s (I am the one with those little Greek letters on my pajamas after all), I thought it was high time I showed everyone what we mean.
Here’s my Keynote presentation for eMetrics Madrid:
The presentation includes a few new things we’ve not discussed previously, such as:
- the 6 components of a search experience and analysis techniques for each
- how to determine the best character length for your search query box
- information foraging and information scent
- search behaviors/patterns (when/why we search)
- how to improve SEO/SEM with search data
- my “scientific method” for determining the quality of a search engine (slide 5)
- and of course some good ‘ol top-down ‘traditional’ search analytics reports & analysis
Please tell us your thoughts and give us some feedback. We’d really love to hear from you on this one.
Leave a Comment