Content Design for Everyone Else
10 hours over 3 segments
Our virtual workshops are designed with you in mind. They combine lecture, discussion, exercises, and office hours—spread out over the course of a week—so you can learn and engage without feeling drained by the end of the day.
Who’s teaching and what they’ll cover
Content Design for Everyone Elsewith Jane Ruffino
Every word in your product has a purpose. In this workshop, you’ll learn how to define that purpose, then choose language that aligns with your product strategy and vision. You’ll get an overview of what content design is, and get practical skills through hands-on activities that will help you write the user experience. You’ll be better equipped to include content and language when evaluating user needs, establish content assessment criteria, make UX content decisions, and create standards and consistency across an experience.
Who should attend
This workshop is for design and creative professionals who believe that content matters in every designed experience. You have an interest in content design and UX writing, but need some practical help making content decisions with purpose.
You’ll leave with:
- A solid argument for integrating content into the design process and some steps to get there
- Techniques for designing ‘situational content’ that leads and guides your users in the right way, at the right time
- Practical methods for diagnosing content problems and setting criteria, so that the words you choose aren’t just purposeful, they’re also defensible
- Strong reasoning for the ‘work’ around content design, whether or not you have a dedicated content designer or UX writer on your team
- A deeper understanding of product content that will save you and your teams time, money, and headaches as you build and scale
About the instructor
Jane Ruffino is a content designer and UX writer with a focus on teaching and facilitation. She has more than 20 years of teaching and learning design experience, and has developed and taught courses for Sweden’s premier communications institution, Berghs School of Communication, the UX Design Institute, and for corporate and educational clients across the US and Europe. With her content design studio, Character, she also helps organizations of all sizes use language to shape products and services from the ground up.
Contact us and we’ll be glad to help.
Terms of Service
By registering for this workshop, you are agreeing to our Terms of Service.