We’re looking forward to seeing you very soon in San Francisco, where this week’s weather will range between 53-70°F (that’s about 12-21°C). No rain is in the forecast, but hey—it’s almost summer in San Francisco. So be prepared for the worst.
Lots of useful travel-related information follows; let’s start with some important addresses to keep handy:
- The Palace Hotel, where Wednesday’s workshops and happy hour (5:30-7:30pm; sponsored by ServiceNow) take place, and where many of you will stay: 2 New Montgomery Street
- Mission Bay Conference Center, where the main conference takes place Thursday and Friday: 1675 Owens Street
- 111 Minna Gallery is where Thursday evening’s opening reception (6:00-9:00pm; sponsored by Cisco) takes place: 111 Minna Street
- On Friday evening, Google is hosting our closing party (6:00-8:00pm): 345 Spear Street
If you’re traveling to The Palace Hotel from an airport, here are travel times you can anticipate, according to Google Maps (with the caveat that traffic can alter drive times):
- From SFO (San Francisco International): About 20 minutes by car; 30 minutes by mass transit.
- From OAK (Oakland International): About 50 minutes via car; about 45 minutes via mass transit.
- From SJC (Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International): About 1 hour via car; about 2 hours via mass transit.
Our two venues are about two miles apart. It’s easy to get from one to the other:
- Morning Shuttles: We will have vans running from The Palace Hotel (Jesse Street entrance) to Mission Bay Conference Center from 7:00-9:00am Thursday morning and 7:30-9:00am Friday morning. The trip is about 15 minutes long, and the vans will run roughly every 15 minutes (or when they fill up, whichever comes first).
- Evening Shuttles: On Thursday evening, our vans will run 5:00-7:00pm between the Conference Center and The Palace Hotel (111 Minna Gallery is only a few minute walk from the hotel). On Fridayevening, our vans will loop from 4:30-7:00pm between the Conference Center, The Palace Hotel, and Google, and from 8:00-9:00pm between Google and The Palace Hotel.
- Taxi/Car Services: San Francisco is the home of Lyft and Uber, and taxis are also plentiful. A ride will cost about $10-15 each way. And great news: EUX2018 attendees get a $20 Lyft credit to use for trips to and from The Palace Hotel, the conference center, and the two reception venues (and taking place June 13-15). We’ve sent you the code; if you can’t find it, just email us (email@example.com).
- Walking: Give yourself about 40 minutes.
- Driving directions: The Palace Hotel and Mission Bay Conference Center sites got you covered.
- Parking: The Palace Hotel’s garage is pricy (up to $72/day); we recommend finding a less expensive spot via Spothero. At the Mission Bay Conference Center, park at the adjacent Rutter Center Garage (1625 Owens Street; up to $32/day).
Finally, here’s a handy map with all the important venues marked. See you very soon!