Teams Work How People Work
You’re part of a cross-functional team dedicated to creating an amazing product experience. You play a vital role in the life of that team, contributing research, content, strategy, interface design, interaction design, product management, or marketing. You’re an essential piece of a larger puzzle. But how does your piece mesh with all the others? There’s nothing worse than feeling like you’re being wedged into a way of working together that doesn’t support your priorities, align with your values, or avoid creating swirl.
This first-of-its-kind interactive session will blend improvisation, audience participation, panel-style discussion, and more to explore the inner dynamics of cross-functional enterprise design teams. Our panel of experts will explore what happens between people trying to build a shared picture of the work at hand that
- Don’t share the same vocabulary
- Overlap in responsibilities
- Vary in velocities
- Come to the table with different expectations
The discussion and activities will illustrate a few best (and probably a few worst) practices. You’ll walk away with a new found understanding for your colleagues and a new sense of ways to make the fit between your different roles clearer and more effective.
Participating in this session:
- Christian Crumlish, Head of Product, 7 Cups
- Jacqui Frey, Director of Design Operations, MailChimp
- Kristina Halvorson, Founder, CEO, Brain Traffic
- Jamie Janssen, Research Manager for Shared Rides, Uber Technologies, Inc
- Ramya Mahalingam, Associate Design Director, McKinsey & Company
- Adam Penly, Lead Frontend Architect, Capital One