**As of October 2, 2019, this workshop is sold out.**
Workshop: ResearchOps 101—How to Get ResearchOps Off the Ground
Over the past decade, user research has matured significantly. It’s increasingly more common for large organizations to have dozens of people doing user research, whether as part of a dedicated team of researchers or other design roles. Growing team sizes and increasing organizational demand has meant that the pressures placed on people doing research have grown too. To meet demand (and be efficient, impactful and compliant) researchers in growing teams need more rigorous operational support.
ResearchOps is rising to address these needs, but most efforts fall short because they focus on individual elements and tools rather than stepping back and viewing the broader ecosystem. We need to deliver ResearchOps as a seamless ecosystem that supports researchers and the organization in the full research workflow.
In this full-day workshop with Kate Towsey, you’ll learn about all the elements of the ResearchOps ecosystem and how they fit together. You’ll explore and map where to start in building out a practical, achievable and maintainable ResearchOps function that’s appropriate to your organization’s maturity and scale. You’ll be able to troubleshoot with someone who’s done and is doing it all.
The workshop is fun, fast-paced, interactive and engaging. You’ll get a small amount of preparation work to do so that you can make the most of the day.
You’ll walk out of this workshop with:
- An excellent overview of all of the elements of ResearchOps (e.g. data governance, training, recruitment, tools and infrastructure)
- A solid mental model of how all the elements fit together and where you should start.
- Ideas on how to show the value of operations in your organization early on.
- Guidelines for the resources (time, financial and people) needed to deliver on your goals.
- Lots of information, best practice and lessons learned in starting up and scaling a ResearchOps practice.
- Facilitated discussion and sharing with other people who are taking the same journey. Most participants say that this is one of the most enjoyable and valuable parts of the workshop.
Who will benefit
This workshop is for you if you’re:
- Heading up (or growing) a large team of researchers and want to better support them operationally
- Taking on a ResearchOps role and want to know where to start
- Pitching the need for a ResearchOps role to stakeholders
- Hiring a ResearchOps role into your organization and need to understand the function better
- A researcher who wants to pitch ResearchOps to your team, or help them become more coordinated and organized.
This workshop is less useful for you if you’re:
- Looking for a list of tools – though we do discuss tools throughout, it’s not the focus of the workshop.
- Unlikely to be able to build out a team (even if a one-person team) to deliver ResearchOps.
- Already an expert in ResearchOps – the workshop is intended for those starting out.