The outcome of designing at scale won’t be accessible products unless accessibility practices scale in parallel with design. There are six primary challenges to scaling accessibility:
1) Reliance on human testing which is especially complicated for large/dynamic products.
2) SaaS/Native app “release whenever you want” timelines.
3) Third party code/content managers.
4) Achieving “substantive WCAG conformance”
5) Closing the feedback loop by getting defects/feature requests from people with disabilities into the backlog.
6) Shifting the focus to an accessible experience, not just an accessible product.