Happy book launch day!
It took months of cajoling but I talked Laura Klein into writing Build Better Products: A Modern Approach to Building Successful User-Centered Products. And guess what–she delivered.
Build Better Products is a comprehensive handbook for anyone designing or managing products. It provides easy-to-follow exercises and methods to improve products in six critical areas:
- Goal: Defining the key business need
- Empathy: Understanding user behaviors and needs
- Creation: Designing a new user behavior to meet both business and user needs
- Validation: Identifying and testing assumptions
- Measurement: Measuring changes in user behavior
- Iteration: Doing it again and again–improving each time
This framework—and the advice it delivers—is hugely practical and applicable for just about any product. The more complex your product, the more you need this book. Laura addresses another key need: bringing together the best of product management and user experience design in one place.
And there are two other reasons to pick up a copy of Build Better Products:
- Tricks of the trade from a stellar lineup: Cindy Alvarez, Janice Fraser, Learie Hercules, Avinash Kaushik, Amy Jo Kim, Steve Krug, Dan Olsen, Steve Portigal, Chris Risdon, Kate Rutter, Teresa Torres, and Christina Wodtke.
- It’s funny. Really funny. That’s why I spent all those months cajoling her. You’re very welcome.
Leave a Reply