Everyone who has anything to do with the end user’s experience of a product is a user experience professional. Whether that’s the Product Manager, Back-end Developer, VP, or even the help line operator, they all help create that experience.
This workshop is for anyone interested in experience design—but does not consider themselves a designer—who wants to better understand what experience designers do and how they can help.
Interested in this course?Get StartedStudents will learn:
For more details on experience design for non-designers, see Jason’s article “Top 6 frustrations designers have with developers” on CreativeBloq.
- Why everyone on the team—not just designers—must think about who is using the product they are creating
- Questions to ask at every stage of development to ensure the usability of a product
- Why product teams need to avoid design by default
- Methods for integrating Agile and Lean UX workflows
- Ways to perform design critiques without becoming combative