Identifying the touchpoints between customer and businesses is the first step in creating products and services that provide real value. The use of visual representations exposes new opportunities for improvement and growth. Called ‘alignment diagrams’, this class of deliverable gives businesses strategic focus in creating solutions with impact.
This course will show you how to turn customer observations into actionable insight for the design of products and services through the use of alignment diagrams.
- Overview and background to alignment diagrams
- Examples and elements of alignment diagrams
- Principles and process for the alignment technique
- Detailed focus on types of alignment diagrams:
- Experience Maps
- Mental Model Diagrams
- Using alignment diagrams on the job
This course is intended for anyone involved in design and marketing activities that seek to map the customer or user experience for the purpose of improving products, services and communication. This includes designers, user experience specialists, and product managers, as well as marketers and others dealing with product and service provision.