Everything You Wanted to Know About Responsive Design…And Less! is a full-day course that takes a deep dive into the world of responsive web design, covering everything including broad concepts, strategy, how responsive design affects process, responsive design patterns and principles, and development best practices and considerations.
Oh, and the “…And Less” part? Responsive design is a huge topic so unfortunately it’s impossible to pack everything about it into a single day. But that doesn’t mean we can’t try, right? Here’s what will be covered:
- The ever-shifting landscape – The web landscape is getting more diverse every single day, and this section will address why responsive web design is becoming increasingly essential
- Approach – There’s more than one way to skin this mobile web cat. We’ll look at the various strategies being used to address Foundations of Responsive Design – Responsive web design 101. Fluid grids, flexible media and media queries make up the core of responsive web design
- Principles of Adaptive Design – What beyond layout do we need to concern ourselves with when creating great multi-device web experiences? We’ll cover how ubiquity, flexibility, performance, enhancement and future-friendliness are powerful principles for making great adaptive web experiences.
- Strategy and Workflow – Our new reality means that we need to adapt our process and workflow to match. This section will tackle thorny areas like convincing your clients, changing the behavior of your colleagues and designing in the Post-PSD Era. Responsive Patterns – Creating adaptive interfaces is challenging, but thankfully the web community is hard at work creating flexible, downright innovative design patterns. We’ll look at how to tackle layout, navigation, images, tables and more.
- Development Best Practices – The way we build websites has changed. This section will discuss mobile-first development, conditional loading and more to help you develop future-friendly web experiences