Maybe you already have experience creating a corporate website or converting your offline content and services to online versions. Now you want to expand your business and increase revenue, but you have never created a new website or app from scratch. If you want to learn the whole process of developing new digital products and services, from the kickoff meeting to green lighting a new digital product concept, then this course is for you.
The course will include:
- Part lecture, part discussion, and part hands-on exercises
- Case studies of product development at other companies, from Apple to Volvo
- Sample documents including project schedules, project briefs, jump-start topic primers, and presentations.
- A copy of my new book, “Why We Fail: Real Stories and Practical Lessons from Experience Design Failures”
- An overview of product strategy and product development
- A solid understanding of how product development is done at other companies
- How to determine the project scope, perform research, generate ideas and concepts, prototype, test, and decide what to build
- What skills you and your company will need and how to staff the projects
- Productive ways to learn from minor mistakes and avoid failed projects
Product managers, designers, marketing managers, researchers, strategists, and anyone involved in developing new products and services.